Terms of Withdrawal
1. Pursuant to the Directive 2011/83/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council and the Decree, the Customer shall be entitled to withdraw from the contract within 14 (fourteen) days from the receipt of the ordered Product without giving any reason, that is the Customer may return the ordered Product.
2. The Customer may exercise its right of withdrawal by making an unequivocal statement to that effect or by means of the statement set out in Schedule 2 of Government Decree No. 45/2014 of 26 February 2014.
3. The period for exercising the right of withdrawal shall expire 14
(fourteen) days after the date on which the Customer or a third party - other than the courier service - designated by the Customer takes over the Product.
4. The Customer may exercise his or her right of withdrawal between the date of the conclusion of the contract and the date on which the Product is received.
5. The cost of returning the Product shall be borne by the Customer, unless the Service Provider has undertaken to bear such cost.
6. In the event of exercising the right of withdrawal, the Customer shall not bear costs other than those set out in Clause 7.5.
7. The Customer shall not have the right of withdrawal in relation to a non-prefabricated Product which has been manufactured upon the instruction or at the express request of the Customer or in relation to a Product which is clearly personalized for the Customer.
8. As required by law, the Service Provider shall reimburse to the Customer the payment received without delay after the date on which the Product is returned in a state specified in Clause 7.12 of the present GTC and the receipt of the declaration of withdrawal, but within 14
(fourteen) days of becoming aware of the withdrawal at the latest.
9. For the reimbursement, the Service Provider shall apply a payment method identical to the one applied in the original transaction unless the Consumer expressly consents to the use of another payment method; no additional cost shall be borne by the Customer as a result of applying this reimbursement method.
10. If the Customer wishes to exercise his or her right of withdrawal, he or she must notify it in writing to email@example.com and he or she must, without undue delay, but no later than 14 (fourteen) days after sending the notice to the Service Provider on the withdrawal from the contract, send back the ordered Product. When ordering more Products, if each Product is shipped at a different time, the Customer may exercise the right of withdrawal within 14 (fourteen) days of the receipt of the last Product or, in the case of a Product consisting of multiple lots or pieces, the Customer may exercise the right of withdrawal within 14
(fourteen) days of the receipt of the last lot or piece.
11. Return is deemed to have been completed on time if the Customer has mailed the Product before the expiry of the deadline.
12. Reimbursement may be withheld by the Service Provider until it has got the Product back. If the Product is lost or damaged upon return, the Service Provider shall not assume responsibility therefor. The Service Provider will provide reimbursement only, if the sealing tape is intact and only if the Product is returned in its original condition, otherwise the Service Provider will return the Product to the Customer.
13. The Customer shall be responsible for any depreciation arising out of the use of the Product, any indication of use may result in a refusal of reimbursement.
15. The Customer may also contact the Service Provider in respect of any other complaint at the contact details provided in this Policy.
16. The right of withdrawal applies only to Customers who are considered consumers under the Civil Code, so the right of withdrawal does not apply to business undertakings, that is to say, persons who are acting for purposes relating to their trade, business, craft or profession.